Friday, March 16, 2012

LITTLE TERNS: Woodcut print

Our holiday at Aldeburgh last summer coincided with an exhibition of watercolours and prints by Robert Greenhalf SWLA in a local gallery. I only knew his work from illustrations and reviews so it was good to see original work in a well-arranged exhibition. I made two visits and decided that if I had any holiday money to spare I would buy a painting.

Well choosing was difficult but I decided that the watercolours were well beyond the £200 I was prepared to spend.. That narrowed the field to the woodcuts. Some were on sale framed at £150. Others mounted but unframed were offered at £90. That meant that I could afford two prints and have change from my £200.

My favourite is the woodcut of Little Terns which I mounted and framed myself

No comments: