Tuesday, December 18, 2012

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS

 
I sold this pastel years ago to a local doctor at one of our Ludlow Art Society Exhibitions. She died and clearly her family did not rate it as a family heirloom because it turned up in a local print gallery. Judging by the price he was asking the owner probably bought it as part of a job lot at a local sale room.

I went into the gallery and introduced myself as the artist who'd painted it. I briefly considered buying it back to resell it but the gallery assistant said she liked it because she knew the location. Her appreciation convinced me that the painting had found a good home so I said farewell to it for a second time!

I keep a digital photograph of all my work so here it is adapted as a Christmas Card.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL VISITORS TO MY BLOG.
 

No comments: